Cogitatio is a publisher based in Lisbon, Portugal, with the aim of promoting open access divulgation of scientific knowledge. Founded in 2014 by Mr. António Vieira, Cogitatio hosts four online open access peer-reviewed journals: Media and Communication (ISSN: 2183-2439), Politics and Governance (ISSN: 2183-2463), Social Inclusion (ISSN: 2183-2803), and Urban Planning (ISSN: 2183-7635).
We believe that open-source knowledge generates something more valuable, benefiting researchers, policy-makers and society in general. By working closely together with authors, reviewers and editors we guarantee that the academic community is given free access to the highest quality research.
All articles are published under a Creative Commons license: Attribution 4.0 International (CC-BY), guaranteeing that authors retain the copyrights of their work and can freely use, reuse and share their articles. Cogitatio allows authors to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) without any embargo period, and is ranked as a Green Publisher by SHERPA/RoMEO.
Cogitatio is also committed to enforcing the most stringent publication ethics and endorses the Codes of Conduct established by the Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association (http://oaspa.org) and the Committee on Publication Ethics (http://publicationethics.org).
For any queries regarding Cogitatio and its publishing activities please do not hesitate to contact us; our contact details can be found on the ‘Contacts’ webpage.
Five Reasons to Publish with Cogitatio
• Free access: anyone can freely download and read the articles, including academics, policy-makers, media, and civil society.
• High standard: the decision to accept an article is always taken by a highly-qualified member of the Editorial Board and only the best articles are selected for publication.
• Copyrights: authors retain the copyright to their work and can reuse, share and archive the article in any institutional repository without embargo period.
• Wide readership: articles are indexed in highly accessed databases increasing the impact and visibility of the authors’ work.
• Rapid publication: all articles undergo an efficient yet rigorous peer-review process with a quick turnaround period.