About Cogitatio Press
Cogitatio Press is a publisher based in Lisbon, Portugal, with the aim of promoting open access divulgation of scientific knowledge. Founded in 2014 by Mr. António Vieira, Cogitatio Press hosts four online open access peer-reviewed journals: Media and Communication (ISSN: 2183-2439), Politics and Governance (ISSN: 2183-2463), Social Inclusion (ISSN: 2183-2803), and Urban Planning (ISSN: 2183-7635).
We believe that open-source knowledge generates something more valuable, benefiting researchers, policy-makers and society in general. By working closely together with authors, reviewers and editors we guarantee that the academic community is given free access to the highest quality research.
All articles are published under a Creative Commons license: Attribution 4.0 International (CC-BY), guaranteeing that authors retain the copyrights of their work and can freely use, reuse and share their articles. Cogitatio Press allows authors to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) without any embargo period, and is ranked as a Green Publisher by SHERPA/RoMEO.
Cogitatio Press is also committed to enforcing the most stringent publication ethics and is a member of the Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association, supporter of the Directory of Open Access Journals and follow the Committee on Publication Ethics Code of Conduct.
For any queries regarding Cogitatio Press and its publishing activities please do not hesitate to contact us; our contact details can be found on the Contacts webpage.
Five Reasons to Publish with Cogitatio Press
- Free access: anyone can freely download and read the articles, including academics, policy-makers, media, and civil society.
- Themed editions: we only publish thematic issues edited by renowned scholars in their field.
- Author support: a single managing editor assists the authors throughout the whole editorial process, replying to all queries in a timely manner.
- Early release: articles are immediately available online (ahead of print) after proofreading.
- Freedom to share: authors are free to use, reuse, and share, at all stages, any version of their article (CC BY license).